This 34,000+ SF historic structure is an excellent example of adaptive reuse. Bonacio Construction salvaged “The Grove” to give it new value. The building was a former retirement home for priests and was transformed into an 76-apartment facility. The existing building, built in 1916 was rehabbed and renovated, preserving the character and quality of not just the building, but the surrounding land. A complete abatement was done along with demolition to recondition the space, a new infrastructure added and retaining walls to create outdoor patio areas for basement apartments. Historic renovations were completed using the same or similar materials that were already found there. Land was excavated and two new buildings of approximately 87,000 sf were built behind the existing building. Major features of the entire property include a movie theater, indoor pool, fitness center, bocce court and putting green. The former “Great Room” chapel has been converted into a handsome lobby-type common area.